A mesothelioma lawyer in Texas works for the well being of the victims of asbestosis and mesothelioma. From the year 1999 to the year 2015, about 2191 people in Texas have suffered from this deadly disease. Almost 5 people per million of the Texas die of mesothelioma annually. Texas has 8 active asbestos sites. Following are the major causes of asbestos exposure in Texas:
- Oil refineries in Texas:
The Orange County along with Jefferson County in Texas are more exposed to mesothelioma and
asbestos. the death toll in both counties from 2000 to 2009 reached up to 22 to 25 people per million each year.
Almost 30% of the Army Officers, Air Force Officers and Navy Armed Forces are exposed to asbestos.
- Chemical Plants:
Chemical Plants in the state of Texas are also the reason for asbestos exposure in Texas
population. Dow chemicals, Phillip Chemical Company and Nalco Chemical Plant in Texas are few of many chemical plants working in Texas. These chemical plants have been using asbestos for many years.
- Ship Building:
This industry in Texas is flourishing as Texas has its border with Mexico. Gulf Texas is a
very famous place for ship manufacturing. American bridge shipyard in Orange, Port Adams shipyard, Tod Houston ship building corporations and other companies have opened to build, repair and maintain the ships. They are a source of employment for many workers but also are a source of asbestos exposure to many workers in Texas.
Find Experienced Mesothelioma & Asbestos Lawyers in Texas:
Dallas Mesothelioma Lawyer:
Christopher Whitener Lewis:
- He is a Founder at Chris Lewis and Associate LLP.
- Christopher whitener is topping the rating list of mesothelioma attorneys in Dallas.
- He is a very reputable lawyer with permanent clients who keep in touch with him for help. Through his hard work, commitment and a successful history of cases in criminal defense and personal injury, he has formed a family of clients.
- He received 10.0 AVVO rating and is AV rated by Martindale Hubbell.
- He did his Graduation from Evangel University in Government and Psychology.
- He got his Law Degree from Baylor University with major interest in Criminal Law.
- He also worked as an Assistant Attorney for several counties which gave him a good legal experience.
- He worked at many Civil Trial Firms in Dallas. But eventually he started working with Chris Lewis & Associates and started dealing with civil and criminal cases.
- He has been awarded with the title of Best Lawyers in America.
- He was also awarded with Texas’s Super Lawyer and Best Lawyer in Dallas award.
- He was listed in National Trial Lawyer Top 100 Attorneys.
- He is a member of Million Dollar Advocate Forum, American Bar Association, Texas State Bar and Federal Bar Association.
- He offers free consultation and takes personal injury cases on contingency basis.
- Michael Grossman is a senior personal injury mesothelioma lawyer of Dallas, Texas.
- He has 20 years of litigation experience as a personal injury lawyer fighting for the rights of the people.
- He got his Law Degree from Baylor School of Law and did his Graduation in Business Administration from the University of Alabama.
- After completing his Law school, Michael started working with one of the largest law firms in Texas and that gave him a lot of exposure. Therefore he started his Grossman offices.
- Other practice areas of michael are dealing with insurance claims, medical malpractices, nursing home abuse, personal injury and maritime law.
- He offers free consultation and fights cases on contingent basis.
- He is admitted to practice in Arkansas and Texas.
- He is a member of the Verdict Club (An award given to only those attorneys that have a great track record of success).
- He is also a member of Multi Million Dollar Advocate, American Association of Justice, Dallas Bar Association, Texas Trial Lawyers Association and Tarrant County Bar Association.
- He was given award of Better Business Bureau.
Maryssa J. Simpson:
- Maryssa J. Simpson is the founder of Potts Law.
- She is one of the best trial attorneys and her office is located in Dallas.
- She is the native of Bridgeport Texas and she belongs to the family of trial lawyers.
- She did her graduation from Baylor’s University and did her law from University of Texas School of Law. In Law School, she was an Advocate of National Championship Mock Trial Team.
- She also received International Academy of Trial Lawyers Student Advocacy Award.
- While at Texas University Law School, she also won Best Advocate in Senior Honors Mock Trial Competition.
- She was also enlisted to the orders of barristers which select just 10 attorneys out of 400.
- Maryssa worked at the prominent law firms in Texas and started experiencing litigation trials of personal injury, medical malpractice, accident cases, wrongful death disputes etc. All this exposure gave her the confidence to start her own firm.
- She worked and represented her clients in Federal and State courts.
- She was awarded by National Trial Lawyers as Top 40 under 40 civil plaintiffs.
- She is a member of American Association of Justice, State Bar of Texas, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, Texas Law School, Dallas Young Alumni Steering Committee, Northern District of Texas Bench Bar Committee.
Fredericksburg Texas Mesothelioma Attorneys:
Collin William Walsh:
- The founding partner in Wiley Walsh P.C.
- He is a trial mesothelioma attorney at the Rob Wiley Trial Offices located in Austin.
- He became the partner in the firm and joined it in 2011.
- He has represented his clients in District, Federal and Administrative courts.
- He has appeared in different courts of different levels in Washington and Texas.
- He has argued at different circuits especially the fifth circuit in New Orleans. He has also argued before the fifth district court of appeals in Dallas along with the third district court of appeals.
- He did his bachelor’s from University of Texas in Theatre in 2006 and did hai Law Degree from University of Texas School of Law In 2011.
- He was awarded by the Texas’s Rising Star Attorney by Super Lawyers in 2014 and 2015.
- He is a life time member of Texas Exes and is also a part of Austin Bar Association, Austin Young Lawyers Association, Texas Young Lawyers Association and Texas Employment Lawyers Association.
- He offers free consultation and fights cases on contingent basis.
- He has been rated as one of the best mesothelioma lawyer of Texas.
- He is the most proficient lawyer with a great legal knowledge and excellent professional skills.
- He is a partner in Cofer and Conelly LLC.
- He has 12 years of legal experience as a trial attorney.
- He was recognized as the Best Lawyer in 2021 by Austin Chronicles.
- He was awarded as a Rising Star Attorney by Thomson Reuters.
- His expertise are in the areas of personal injury, criminal defense, family law and divorce areas.
- Throughout his career, he has rendered services as a Prosecutor and Defense Lawyer and has thousand hours of courtroom exposure.
- He has fought 100 cases on jury and has earned respect and awards for his exceptional legal services.
- He has earned from National Trial Lawyers a status of Top 100 Trial Lawyers.
- He was named by Attorney and Practice Magazine as the Top 10 Criminal Defense Attorneys in 2019.
- AVVO rating website rated him with the best client rating.
- He also got Client’s Choice Award.
- He is a member of State Bar of Texas, a fellow in Texas Bar Foundation, board member of Austin Bar Association, capital area Trial Lawyers Association, the Austin and Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association and the Austin LBGT Bar Association.
- He is admitted to practice in Texas, 5th circuit since 2015 and US Supreme Court.
- He offers free consultation and provides all the possible legal help till the end.
Mesothelioma Lawyers In Austin, Texas:
Shane M. Boasberg:
- He was born in New Orlean Louisiana and later moved to Lone Star State.
- He attended his law school in Texas.
- Shane earned his graduation degree from University of Texas.
- He passed his Law College in 2002 and since then he has been guiding the people of Texas.
- He started working for a well reputed law firm of Gallagher, Lewis, Downey and Kim.
- During his practice days, he got a lot of exposure in appellate research and legal writings.
- In 2004 Shane shifted back to Austin where he served as a General Counsel to Senator Mario Gallegos.
- His advocacy skills were more sharpened when he worked with Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott.
- Shane later formed his own law firm in Austin and since then has been taking private cases.
- In 2012, he was named as a Rising Star by the monthly magazine of Texas.
- He deals in business law, personal injury and real estate law.
- He offers free consultation and also takes cases on contingent basis.
- He is a member of Texas Trial Attorneys Association.
Gary Rowe Thomas:
- Gary is a criminal defense and personal injury lawyer and is the owner of Thomas Law Offices.
- He is highly experienced and very well reputed mesothelioma lawyer in Austin, Texas.
- He did his bachelor’s from University of Texas in History and did his Law from University of Texas School of Law.
- By far he has done 500 jury trials and has also undergone civil, criminal and administrative trials and hearings.
- 25 of his appeals have been published in different publications, journals and magazines.
- He has also given a number of presentations at the Montana trial lawyers annual convention.
- He has served for 32 years in Montana and was awarded as the best DUI lawyer and also has been teaching other lawyers.
- His famous cases that affected law are:
- The HGN eye test now denied in use in DUI trials.
- A case that allowed to sue the police for any violation or damages caused under Montana State Constitution.
- Police coordination tests in DUI cases violate the 4th amendment of constitution.
- He is a part of National College DUI defense since 12 years.
- He is admitted to practice in Montana, Texas, Crow Tribal Courts, Northern Cheyenne Tribal Courts, Oglala Sioux Tribal Courts and Rosebud Sioux Tribal Courts, US Supreme Court and US Court of Claims.
- He is the Executive Director at East Texas legal services.
- He has served as a staff and Managing Attorney at South Dakota legal services.
- He is a member of American Association of Justice, American Bar Association, Austin Criminal Defense Lawyer Association, Montana Trial Lawyers Association, State Bar of Montana and Texas State Bar.
San Antonio Personal Injury Lawyers Carabin Shaw:
Carabin Shaw is a law firm that is based in San Antonio that deals with accident cases, personal injury trials, employment law issues, wrongful death, family law, immigration law, insurance claims, medical malpractice, negligence at workplace, product liability, state planning, elder law, workers compensation, social security, disability, insurance claims, bankruptcy, animal and dog law etc. This firm represents the sufferings of clients from all the parts of Texas.
James Michael Shaw:
- James Michael Shaw is a mesothelioma personal injury lawyer of San Antonio, Texas.
- He has fought a number of cases against the insurance companies.
- He is an extremely dedicated and hardworking attorney having a legal experience of many years.
- He is a member of the State Bar of Texas, American Bar of Association, American Association of Justice, San Antonio Bar Association and Texas Trial Lawyers Association.
- He is listed among the Top 100 Trial Lawyers and National Trial Lawyers Association.
- He is a highly rated peer and is AV rated by Martindale Hubbell.
- He also has gained a 10.0 AVVO rating.
- He is admitted to practice in State Bar of Texas.
- He is the managing attorney at Carabin Shaw since 1992. Therefore his law firm is in practice since 30 years.
- He did his BBA from St. Mary’s University and did his law from University of Loyola School of Law in 1992.
- He offer free consultation and takes the cases on contingency basis.
- Anna is the managing partner at Carabin Shaw Law Firm.
- She did her graduation from Trinity University and did her law from St. Mary School of Law.
- She is a philanthropist and a social worker and she works with many charity groups and community organizations in South Texas.
- Currently she is donating and helping the San Antonio Food Bank, Angel Tree Foundation, Salvation Army and Feist San Antonio.
- She has also been a board member on Fiesta Commission as a Commissioner.
- She serves her clients with great compassion.
- She is admitted to the State Bar of Texas.
- She is a member of Texas Trial Lawyers Association, American Bar of Association
- She is a multi lingual attorney and understands and can speak many languages like Polish, German, Italian and French. Thus Anna represents and understands clients that belong to different nationalities.
- Her practice area includes family law, criminal law, nursing home neglect, auto accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, business litigation, immigration law and many more.
- She offers free consultation and takes cases on a contingent basis.
Bernardo S Gonzalez:
- Mr. Bernardo is one of the senior Attorney at Carabin Shaw.
- He has almost 40 years of experience in legal practice and has a very successful track record of success.
- He has an experience of fighting trial cases against many leading firms.
- Being a highly skilled and diligent attorney, he has fought innumerable trials against personal injury, truck accidents, brain injury, product liability etc.
- He has fought a lot of cases in Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, California and Arizona.
- He has a great experience of Federal Court.
- In 2018, he was chosen as the Best Plaintiff Injury Attorney in San Antonio by San Antonio’s Scene Magazine.
- He did his bachelor’s from the University of Texas and did his law from Texas Tech University.
- He is admitted to the State Bar of Texas, Western District of Texas and Northern District of Texas.
How much does a mesothelioma lawyer in Texas cost?
A mesothelioma lawyer in Texas mostly does not cost much as most of the attorneys charge contingent fee on the contract which means if they don’t win the case or get compensations for his clients, then they will not get any fee. However some attorneys may charge 33.33% or 40% before filing the lawsuit and may charge 40% when the litigation starts and may charge 100% after the case is accomplished or won.
Most of the personal injury attorneys know that a victim filing a lawsuit is either the mill worker or a laborer who cannot afford attorney’s fee. That is why such attorneys allow the victims to pay them once they are able to secure their due share from particular firm in the form of compensations.
Each mesothelioma lawyer in Texas mentioned above has excellent educational background and is completely qualified to fight for you till the end. Each of these lawyers have worked in multiple legal domains and have great exposure to the legal courts. You can contact them anytime in Texas and most of them offer free consultations and charge fee on contingency basis.