A huge number of mesothelioma cases are reported in New York every year and a mesothelioma lawyer in New York guides the victims of asbestosis and mesothelioma to claim a compensation against asbestos using firms and corporations. The state of New York and its population has been suffering from mesothelioma since years due to the presence of asbestos in military cantonments along with the workplace exposures. Not only in the past but people are suffering from this deadly disease even today. The New Yorkers suffering from asbestosis are mostly working in military workplaces, manufacturing industries, are railroad employees of the North or are factory workers of upstate part of New York. Mesothelioma lawyers in New York have immense experience in this field and are working tirelessly to grant people their rights and share of compensation.
New York’s Top Asbestos & Mesothelioma Lawyers:
When should I contact a New York mesothelioma lawyer?
Mesothelioma lawyer in New York should be contacted when you or any person in your family has been diagnosed with mesothelioma lung cancer or asbestosis. New York has a huge number of mesothelioma litigation attorneys and it is sometimes very difficult to make a legal choice of whom to choose as an attorney in the New York to take up your case. Most of the lawyers offer free consultation and fight your case on contingency basis. So looking for a good firm in New York is a difficult task. To select an appropriate mesothelioma firm or lawyer,
- See the best firm that is old enough to be working in the field of asbestos exposure.
- Has extremely dedicated lawyers.
- Has good reputation in the state.
- Has enough resources to guide you and sail you out of the problem.
The New York asbestos trust fund today contains almost 30 billion US dollars and has its own rules. Therefore only a competent law firm can help you extract a good amount from both the New York asbestos trust fund and the employer or cooperation.
How much does a mesothelioma lawyer cost in New York?
Although in the whole of the United States along with New York state, every law firm almost offers free consultation but some firms are still charging consultation fees.
- For the trust fund claim in New York, most of the attorneys take advance of about 25% of their total fee and most of them charge 33% of the entire fee in advance for the personal injury.
- For the wrongful death, the New York attorneys mostly charge 40% of the total fee in advance.
- Mostly the attorneys fight the case on contingency basis which means if your mesothelioma attorney in New York does not win the case, then he will not get the fee as the fee is directly proportional to the winning of the case.
As most of the asbestos victims belong to mediocre households and families and their loved ones who died or got injured from asbestos or in personal injury claim are just minor factory workers with a very small amount of pay in which they run their household with great difficulty. Some are train line workers, some are daily wage labourers who bring daily wages to their homes and raise their children, some are army men who also have a mediocre amount of salary. These asbestos and mesothelioma victims don’t have enough money to pay the advance fee of a mesothelioma attorney. So the attorneys understand this and they don’t burden the clients or force them to pay advance immediately. Once they get their compensation, then the lawyer gets their share of fee from compensations he recovered for his clients.
New York City Mesothelioma Lawyer & asbestos attorneys:
- Stephen Bilkis is a high end mesothelioma lawyer in New York with a lot of legal experience and knowledge. He has best legal analysis skills and displays ethics and professionalism while dealing with his clients.
- He did his law from Touro Law School in 1997.
- He is the creator of Stephen Bilkis and Associates.
- Bilkis has 20 years of vast experience of dealing with personal injury and asbestos cases. He works throughout the country majorly in the areas of Suffolk, Westchester County, Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan Long Island and Staten Island.
- He listens very carefully to his clients and tries to satisfy them with the best possible assistance.
- He is a member of American bar of Association, American Association of Justice, American Prepaid Legal Institute, AARP Legal Service Network and New York State Trial Lawyers Association.
- Stephen has a hard earned and very good reputation throughout the New York.
- Many of his successful mesothelioma cases were published in newspapers like New York Times, Newsday and New York Post etc.
- He offers free consultation and fights your case on a contingency basis.
- He is undoubtedly one of the best lawyers to go to if you or your loved one is suffering from mesothelioma and asbestosis in New York.
Troy G Rosasco:
- Troy is famous for having been a 9/11 victims compensation fund attorney.
- He is a founding member of the Hansen and Rosasco Law Firm.
- He and his firm represented 4000 people during 9/11 including workers, students etc. Even today he and his firm base contracted 250 million US dollars for the 9/11 affectees.
- Many of his writings and legal verdicts have been quoted in the New York Times, New York Journal and daily news.
- At St. John’s University School of Law, he served as a Professor.
- He was also given the recognition of Dean and the title at Adjunct Professor of the Year in 2014.
- He offers free consultation and fee on contingency basis.
- Troy did his bachelor’s from Cornell University and did his Law from St. John’s University School of Law.
- He was also given Clara Lemlich Public Service Award.
- He is a member of:
- Injured Workers Bar Association.
- New York Injured Workers Association.
- Attorney Grievance Committee Nassau County.
- National Organization of Social Security.
- American Trial Leader Association.
Mesothelioma and Asbestos Attorneys Buffalo, NY:
- He is one of the top-notch mesothelioma lawyer in Buffalo, New York.
- He is working for Richmond Vonna LLC.
- He is the native of Buffalo and was born and raised here and has served as a Marine Corps in US army.
- Later Richard became a Police Officer in Buffalo.
- He did his bachelor’s from State University of New York and did his Law from the SUNY Buffalo Law School in 2005.
- He offers free consultation along with contingent fee services.
- He offers video conferencing to the clients as well who can take online appointments and consultations too.
- He is admitted to Supreme Court of Lowa since 2017.
- He became a Super Lawyer in 2021.
- His name was listed among the Top 100 Trial Lawyers and Top 40 under 40 National Trial Lawyers.
- He spoke as a Guest Speaker at the Erie Institute of Law and New York State Bar Association.
- Richmond Vonna is the President of Richmond Vonna Law Firm.
- His firm is very active in Western New York.
- Richmond’s Firm has by far secured compensations of about 150 million US dollars for its clients.
- Richmond takes less mesothelioma cases than others to concentrate more.
- He is just a phone call away.
- He did his Bachelor’s degree from Miami University of Ohio and did his Law from Seton Hall University School of Law.
- He offers free consultations and charges 33.3 percent of contingency fee.
- He was admitted to Colorado Supreme Court in 2018.
- He is also a member of New Jersey Court and New York State Office of Court Administration.
- His achievements include:
- Was listed among Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers in New York.
- Top 40 under 40 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers New York.
- He was awarded as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers.
- Maune, Raichle, Hartley French and Mudd LLC is a famous New York LLC for the cases of mesothelioma.
- Its office is located in St. Louis, Missouri United States.
- It is a very old law firm and it solely takes mesothelioma cases.
- MRHFM has highly qualified and professional attorneys with excellent legal knowledge and courtroom skills.
- It has till now secured a huge amount in the form of compensation for its clients.
- It also helps to get connected with medical teams for the mesothelioma victims medical checkups.
- It listens to the concerns of victims and guides them to proceed with treatment and litigation.
- Thus it is one of the most trusted law firm of New York.
New York Mesothelioma Lawyer | Belluck & Fox Law Firm:
Belluck and Fox Law Firm:
- Belluck and Fox Mesothelioma Law Firm is one of the best in New York.
- They treat the clients with utmost kindness and respect.
- The attorneys at Belluck and Fox Law Firm handle each case with their personal interest and care. The lawyers are determined, compassionate and very committed to their work.
- The mesothelioma lawyers of the firm have vast experience in the field and have secured huge amounts of compensations for the clients. Some popular mesothelioma cases fought by Belluck and Fox law firm include:
- The case for a veteran Navy Officer who was exposed to asbestos in a ship. So the firm helped him secure a compensation of about 32 million US dollars.
- They also secured a compensation of 22 million US dollars for a worker who worked in a construction company and was subjected to asbestos exposure.
- The firm also extracted 4 million US dollars for a plant worker suffering from asbestos exposure.
- The firm works in the whole country and lawyers travel throughout the country to meet their clients where they need them.
- The firm is working for more than 29 years now and has taken down huge corporations power plant manufacturers in litigation with their skills and legal competence.
- The firm has secured about 1 billion US dollars till now and 1000 number of cases have been won with a team of 15 attorneys.
- The firm has 5/5 reviews and ratings.
Joseph W Belluck:
- Joseph has won a national repute for mesothelioma cases.
- He is the founding member of Belluck and Fox Law Firm.
- He has 25 years of experience and has secured 1 billion US dollars for his clients in compensation.
- He got his Law Degree from SUNY Buffalo School of Law Magna Cum Laude in 1994.
- He served as a Chair at SUNY Chartered Schools Institute in 2012.
- He is a member of New York State Commission Judicial Conduct since 2008.
- He became a member of New York State Bar Association Task Force on autonomous cars in 2019.
- Jordan is another founding member of Belluck and Fox Law Firm.
- He had 30 years of asbestos and mesothelioma litigation experience.
- He is usually called a Trailblazer in public as he has been defending the public for long.
- His cases were mentioned in National Law Journal as Verdicts of The Year for two times. His services are exceptional.
- He won a case against a very famous retail company In Baltimore and Maryland where he recovered thousands of dollars for people suffering from mesothelioma and asbestos.
- He won a wrongful death case of 5 people and was able to secure a compensation of about 18.2 million dollars.
- He got his Law Degree from Maurice A Deane School of Law at Hofstra University.
- He is a member of New York State Trial Lawyers Association, American Association of Justice, Association of Trial Lawyers of America and National Crime Victim Bar Association.
- Following are the awards won by Jordan:
- National Law Journal’s largest verdict of the year award.
- Best lawyer in the New York area by New York magazine.
- US news and amp reports the world’s best law firm from 2010 to present.
- New York Super Lawyers award 2007.
- New York Best Lawyers award 2006.
- Best lawyer in New York city mass tort litigation award.
New York Mesothelioma Lawyers – Lipsitz, Ponterio & Comerford, LLC:
Lipsitz, Ponterio and Comerford:
- Lipsitz, Ponterio and Comerford Law Firm makes a very intimate relationship with the clients and deals them with great respect and care.
- Lipsitz, Ponterio and Comerford Law Firm is headed by the most respectable and highly reputed mesothelioma lawyers of the country.
- The law firm and its staff tries its best to make its clients feel comfortable and gets in to the minute details of the whole story. It also talks about the impact that the disease or injury of a certain family member had on the whole family. The firm then fights for its clients till the end.
- The firm never asks its clients for the fee or never demands any other hidden additional pay checks until they get you win the case.
John P Comerford:
- John P Comerford is one of the founding members of Lipsitz, Ponterio and Comerford Law Firm.
- His hometown is Lewiston, which is present on the American Canadian border.
- He studied Environmental Sciences from Cornell University and did his Law from Suny Buffalo Law School in 1995.
- He handles personal injury cases throughout the country especially in the areas of Niagara Falls, Rochester, Syracuse, Albany and Binghamton.
- Throughout the years he has helped many personal injury victims.
- In 2009 his recognition in New York increased when he represented many injury victims before the Veteran Affairs Department.
- His firm has secured compensations of about 1 billion US dollars till now for personal injury victims.
- His prominent cases include extracting 8 million US dollars against Kodak company, he extracted 1.4 million US dollars in compensation of wrongful death of US navy officer, he secured 3 million US dollars against Ashland Oil for employee in 2013 and 2 million US dollars settlement for 61 years old women who got asbestos as a result of washing his husband’s asbestos polluted clothes.
- He was awarded as a Super Lawyer by Thomas Reuters from 2008 to 2021 and Legal Elite by Buffalo Business First.
- He is a part of the American Association of Justice, Erie County bar Association, New York Sate Bar and the New York State Trial Lawyers Association.
Michael A Ponterio:
- Michael A Ponterio lives in Clarence, New York.
- Ponterio has been representing the personal injury victims since 1985. So it has been 35 years since Ponterio is serving the people of New York.
- Till now Ponterio has secured 500 million US dollars for his clients.
- He was awarded following awards and honors:
- He was listed among top 10 mesothelioma lawyers.
- Top 100 Attorneys of National Trial Lawyers.
- Super Lawyer by Thomson Reuters 2011 to 2012.
- In July 2020 he was elected as a fellow of the American Bar Association.
- Mr. Ponterio is a part of American Association of Justice, American Bar Association, New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Million Dollar Advocate Forum, Bar Association of Erie County, Accredited Attorneys of United States and The American Bar Foundation.
A New York mesothelioma lawyer works tirelessly to provide the mesothelioma victims and asbestos affected victims their due share of compensation. Above we have mentioned all the most reputable and famous law firms and lawyers of New York that make you feel comfortable and relaxed. They have many years of expertise and experience in the field of mesothelioma and asbestosis and they work on contingency without demanding a single penny.