A mesothelioma lawyer in Massachusetts is easy to access and is capable enough to help you get your share of compensation from the asbestos exposure firm or corporation. Massachusetts was once a hub of shipyard industry. Throughout 1970, the shipyard workers in huge numbers suffered from asbestos exposure and mesothelioma lung cancer. The auto part manufacturing industries and textile industries were also prevalent in Massachusetts. By ranking, Massachusetts is on the 11th spot on asbestos and mesothelioma cancer. The total number of deaths because of asbestos and mesothelioma in Massachusetts is 1616 in which asbestos exposure deaths were around 38 and mesothelioma deaths were around 1578.
The Boston shipyard was a huge source of asbestosis which operated from 1801 to 1974. The shipyard gave employment to 50,000 workers in World War 2 which exposed those people to deadly disease. During that period, each ship contained 300 components containing asbestos. Thus Massachusetts has a long history of asbestos exposure. So if any of your family member is suffering from asbestosis or mesothelioma in Massachusetts, then contact the below mentioned law firms.
Directory of Massachusetts Veteran Mesothelioma Lawyers:
Below is the list of top notch mesothelioma law firms and attorneys functioning in Massachusetts:
Massachusetts Mesothelioma Attorneys | Shepard O’Donnell Law:
- Shepher O’Donnell Law firm completely understands how it feels like when your very own family member is suffering from mesothelioma or asbestos treatment.
- This firm is always ready to help you in Massachusetts and is just a phone call away.
- The firm offers free consultation and serves on contingency basis.
- All the expenses of the case are handled by the firm and no extra charges from the plaintiff’s pocket is charged.
- The attorneys at this firm continue their work without disturbing you and they inform you about all the legal options available.
- Michael Shepherd is the founder of the Shepherd O’Donnell law firm and is a capable mesothelioma lawyer of Massachusetts.
- He got his early education from Providence College and did his bachelor’s in Liberal Arts.
- He did his Law Degree from the University of San Diego School of Law in 1994.
- His major focus areas in litigation are mesothelioma, asbestos exposure, personal injury, tobacco lawsuits and pharmaceutical drugs and devices.
- He is admitted to practice in the bars of Massachusetts and Connecticut.
- He was appointed on plaintiffs Liaison Counsel Massachusetts State Court asbestos litigation in 2017 to present.
- He was awarded as Massachusetts Lawyer of the Year in 2018 by Mass Lawyers Weekly.
- He was also recognized and awarded by the title of Super Lawyer in 2011 and and is presently on the same status.
- He has been a part of a number of seminars and events as a Speaker and has also published many legal publications.
- He has been a part of PALS seminar “trying an asbestos lung cancer case “ in (2019), BBA seminar “how to bring and defend toxic exposure case” in (2012) and AAJ webinar “litigating aircraft asbestos exposure case” in 2011.
- He has fought many mentionable cases in which he recovered millions of dollars as compensations:
- Summerlin B RJ Reynolds Tobacco .co et al company’s case. A verdict of 43.1 million US dollars was secured by Michael Shepherd. The case was fought against the manufacturers of the brake along with tobacco companies and this case was considered to be the top verdict in England in the year 2018.
- He represented a navy air craft repairing mechanic named as John Doe who got mesothelioma disease and lung cancer and suffered badly due to getting exposure from aircraft brakes and other parts where asbestos was used. The case got settled outside the court and a huge sum of money was given to John Doe as a compensation.
- He also fought the case of Seang vs Armstrong ambulance. The ambulance while taking the patient to the hospital got hit to a car due to the driver’s negligence and the occupants of the ambulance got injured badly. In Suffolk Superior Court the court gave the verdict and the victims a compensation of 6.4 million US dollars.
- Erica is a member of Shepherd O’Donnell law firm since 2005 and she is very good mesothelioma Massachusetts lawyer who is fighting cases for innumerable families since then.
- Erica did her bachelor’s from Providence College and did her law degree from Suffolk University School of Law in 2004.
- She is currently litigating in the areas of asbestos exposure, mesothelioma, serious injury, train accidents, roundups etc.
- She is admitted to the bars of Massachusetts, United States District Courts and District Courts of Massachusetts.
- She is a member of American Bar of Association, Member ID Massachusetts Bar of Association, American Association of Justice and Worcester County Bar of Association.
- She was awarded with the title of Massachusetts Super Lawyer Rising Star from 2013 to 2018 and Massachusetts Super Lawyer of the year 2018 to present.
Mesothelioma and Asbestos Attorneys | Boston, MA:
Jaffery S Glassman:
- Jaffery is a top notch mesothelioma lawyer in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Jaffery did his law from Suffolk University Law School and started practicing law in Massachusetts in 1991.
- He has excellent legal knowledge and skills and has amazing legal analysis and experience. His communication skills are awesome and the ethics and professionalism with which he deals with the clients is commendable.
- Jaffery being an experienced lawyer has been fighting for accident victims since 20 years.
- He focuses personally on each case and individually deals with each of his clients.
- He opened his own law firm in 1995 and named it Jeffer Glassman law firm. Since then the firm is serving the injured ones to the fullest with complete passion and dedication.
- Mr. Jaffery is also the pioneer of rainforest to preserve and restore the country’s rain rainforests.
- Within this non profit organization, he has also formed LATTE (lawyers accountable to the earth). It urges the lawyers to reduce the use of printing. The average lawyer uses paper that is equal to the trunks of 24 trees.
- He is also a member of Massachusetts Bar Association Energy and Environment Task Force and co-authored MBA guidelines.
- It is the third decade now since Jaffery is fighting for injury victims and he is still very eager, determined and passionate to fight for his clients to get them compensations they deserve.
- He offers free consultations and video conferencing option is also available.
- He received following awards:
- Title of Super Lawyer in 2021.
- Multi Million Advocate Forum.
- He was listed among top 100 Trial Lawyers by National Trial Lawyers.
- His law firm has been awarded as one of the Largest law firm in Massachusetts by Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly Magazine.
- He is a member of Massachusetts State Bar of Association, Boston Bar of Association, Rainforest Maker and Lawyers Accountable to the Earth.
- He has been invited as a Speaker in many speaking engagements and has also published articles on environment and litigations.
Michael Thornton Esq:
- He is the Founder and Chairman of Thornton Law Firm.
- Michael is an old famed and well respected mesothelioma lawyer of Boston, Massachusetts. He has been in business since 40 years.
- He has excellent ratings in legal knowledge skills, analysis and professionalism. His clients are always satisfied and happy.
- He did his graduation from Dartmouth College and went for law to Vanderbilt law school.
- He represented a number of shipyard workers who got asbestosis in 1970 and helped them win huge compensations.
- Michael helps the labourers, workers of chemical factories and other manufacturing industries to get the compensations they deserve. He has also represented many clients who suffered from birth defects due to parents exposure to asbestos.
- He has also recovered millions of dollars from tobacco companies.
- Mike supports many philanthropist works and is listed among the famous philanthropists of Massachusetts. He provides aid to the cancer care centers and mesothelioma centers to help the victims. He has been one of the biggest donors in the State for Cancer Research and has also found many other sponsors.
- He is a member of Massachusetts Bar Association along with new Hampshire and Maine Bar Associations.
- He was awarded as the Best Lawyer by Mass Tort Litigation Class Actions.
- He was the receiver of Lawyer of the Year Award by the Best Lawyers Group.
- He was among the New England’s 2020 Top Rated Lawyer and also got AV rating by Martindale Hubbell.
- He offers free consultation and fight cases on contingency basis.
- Sokolove law firm is one of the most reputed law firms of Massachusetts.
- It was pioneered by Jim Sokolove. He worked very hard and put all his efforts to build a capable team to help the asbestos and injury victims throughout America.
- The firm provides excellent and very fast legal help as needed by the clients in all over United States.
- The firm is prominent to serve a huge number of army veterans in mesothelioma cases.
- Sokolove law firm has been serving people in personal injury cases since 40 years and since then the team has solved thousands of personal injury cases and have recovered multi million dollars for huge insurance companies, governments, corporations and large firms.
- The firm deals in all the areas like mesothelioma, asbestos, medical malpractice, personal injury, accidents, dangerous drugs and camp lejeune water.
- The firm has recovered the exact amount of 4.7 billion US dollars in the form of compensations for its clients.
- Among the total number of clients represented by Sokolove law firm, the total army veterans are 33% of the total clients. They have represented veterans from US Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guards and Marine Corps.
- The firm has fought almost 8100 cases till now which is a great honor and achievement.
- The attorneys at Sokolove law firm are very professional.
- Sokolove law firm is currently working in 50 states of America and is providing 24/7 legal services.
- Jim inherited law from his father who was also a lawyer.
- He did his graduation from Case Western Reserve University and did his law degree from Suffolk University School of law.
- He started his career by working on “Volunteers in Service to America”.
- Jim also worked in his father’s firm after his demise for sometime.
- Although the law firm of his father was dissolved but Jim was able to gain a lot of legal knowledge at the end that he became capable enough to form his own Sokolove law firm in 1979.
- He started promoting his firm by sponsoring through advertisements. Jim was well aware of the fact that many people in 90s at that time didn’t even know that they can file a lawsuit against any particular corporation or companies that caused harm or injury to them. So by advertisement of the Sokolove law firm, people got to know about filing a lawsuit and fighting for their rights. So in this way Sokolove gained lots of clients by this promotion technique.
- By the 21st century, Jim’s law firm extended itself to the whole of America.
- His law firm was awarded as the Best Law Firm by US News Mass Tort Litigation.
- He is among Super Lawyers and also got AV ratings from Martindale Hubbell.
- He was also the patron of AAJ lawyers forum and was listed among Top 100 Trial Lawyers.
- He is a part of American Association of Justice, Massachusetts Bar Association and America’s Trial Lawyer Association.
- No doubt he is among the top mesothelioma lawyer of Massachusetts.
Ricky A Le Blanc:
- He is the Managing Attorney at Sokolov law firm.
- He graduated from Suffolk university and started his law practice in the year 1991.
- He has almost 30 years of experience in the legal field and is an expert mesothelioma lawyer of Massachusetts.
- As a manager of the firm, Ricky directs all the activities of the firm.
- He does medical malpractice, nursing, homes abuse, asbestos exposure, mesothelioma and pharmaceutical device cases.
- He reviews every case personally and deals with the clients with utmost respect and makes every client understand whether his or her case is eligible for the compensation or not.
- He is licensed to the office of General Counsel for the US Department of Veteran Affairs.
- He has fought for many clients in trial courts and is one of the most competent trial lawyers of Massachusetts.
- He is a member of the American Association of Justice, the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Lawyers and the National Trial Lawyers.
Sweeney Merrigan Law LLP:
- Sweeney law firm is a personal injury law firm that has 5/5 ratings in regards to legal knowledge and competence with highly qualified attorneys.
- Along with personal injury, asbestosis and mesothelioma cases they also deal in dangerous drug and medical malpractice cases.
- The firm has secured huge settlements in personal injury cases.
- It secured 28.1 million US dollars in wrongful death cases.
- The firm obtained 84.1 million US dollars from opioid manufacturing corporations in around 100 cities and towns.
- It also has secured a huge settlement of 148.5 million US dollars in Steven Johnson Syndrome.
- The firm had recovered 16.9 million US dollars from vehicle accident injury cases,11 million US dollars in brain injuries, 9.0 million US dollars in workplace injury, 7.5 million US dollars in hazing cases and the number goes on.
- Peter Merrigan is the partner in Sweeney and Merrigan law firm.
- He is assisting his brother J. Tucker Merrigan and his father Thomas Merrigan.
- He is an expert at trial litigation, arbitration and negotiation. He is a proficient mesothelioma lawyer of Massachusetts.
- He has been practicing in commonwealth of Massachusetts and is dealing in cases of personal injury, accidents, medical malpractice and liability.
- He did his law from New England School of Law.
- He was listed in the Top 40 under 40 Trial attorneys.
- He was awarded with Rising Star award by Super Lawyers.
- He received an award for excellent achievement in “negotiation study and selected topics in constitutional law”.
- He served as a Prosecutor for Suffolk County at West Roxbury District Court where he gave services as an Assistant District Attorney.
- He is a member of Massachusetts Academy of Trial lawyers, Boston Bar Association, American Bar Association, Massachusetts Bar Association and National Lawyers Guild.
Bradley M. Henry:
- Bradley is the senior shareholder in Sweeney Merrigan Law Firm.
- He has over 30 years of trial litigation experience and his major focus is on accident cases, personal injury, wrongful death and commercial litigation.
- He has on his record to handle the most high profile cases of New England.
- He did his bachelor’s from the University of Vermont in Political Sciences.
- His case against a pharmaceutical company in which he secured 148.5 million US dollars alongside his former partner is considered to be the biggest ever verdict secured in the history of Massachusetts.
- He started off his legal career in 1989 and after his law school he joined a firm in Boston.
- He also worked as a Supervisor in US Airways and he used to defend the aircraft and airline producers.
- He was a major Attorney who handled the college alcohol case of Krueger V. MIT in which he made a recovery of 7.75 million US dollars.
- Throughout his professional career, Henry has handled death cases like gas explosion accidents, medical malpractice, chemical refineries exploitation etc.
- He was also an attorney in Boston’s Big Dig Tunnel Ceiling Collapse Case in which 28.2 million US dollars were secured.
- From 2010 to 2015, he represented many soldiers in Afghanistan in wrongful death cases who were shot in remote areas.
- He secured 143 million US dollars in the Merrimack Valley gas explosion.
- Henry is invited as a Guest Speaker at seminars and legal speaking forums.
- He has been awarded as the Best Lawyer in America from 2012 till now.
- He has also been named as a Super Lawyer of Massachusetts and New England.
- He is now working as a Dean of the cabinet of Suffolk University.
A mesothelioma lawyer in Massachusetts is extremely competent and professional and treats his clients like their own family members. There are many hardworking and proficient attorneys and law firms working in Massachusetts that help the asbestosis victims file a lawsuit against the firms of asbestos exposure. These firms and lawyers offer free consultations and they fight the cases on contingency basis. All these top firms and lawyers are working really hard to guide the affectees of mesothelioma and asbestosis in every possible way and they feel pride in serving the people of Massachusetts.